Tuesday, June 19, 2018

No clever/silly title atm

Last night I finished mom's afghan! I do need to wet-block it and I'm hoping that helps flatten it out. The i-cord is sort of curling in/scalloping the edges of the blanket. Not sure how long anything I do will stay though considering it's acrylic - and I don't want to risk steam blocking and ruining it. Now I have to wait more than 6mos to give it to her! This will require extreme patience.

I've been *itching* to start a new project and I did take a quick stab at a little dishcloth (although it will be useful for that purpose since I used the super saver yarn from the afghan project which is acrylic and therefore not absorbent at all. Toward the end one of my cheapo needles broke and that has caused kind of a mess. Not sure if I'll finish it or frog it.

Honestly I should probably finish at least the beach bag before I start on something else. The cover-up is feeling rather daunting and the weird yarn is not that fun to knit with as I've said before. I'm tempted to start the Breeze top and I even bought new circular needles (TEENY!) for that purpose, but honestly another tiny-yarn project is not what I need right now. Also I obviously don't want to get any new yarn because I have tons at the moment. I have reasons not to do half the stuff in my queue lol... it's too early for a sweater... I'm already striping with the bag so I don't want to do the zebras, and the other stuff I don't have yarn for or is again tiny or wintery! :P Bahhhhh. Maybe I'll do the boot toppers to match the sweater. I mean it's kind of wintery and the patons yarn isn't that big but it's definitely bulkier than the other two I'm using rn. The other non-project project I've been thinking about doing is knitting a big gauge swatch with all my needles - or most of them. That's sort of on hold, too since I'd want to do it with the knitpicks interchangeable circulars and two of them are in action right now on the beach bag and the cover up.

Well we shall see what I get up to next, or if I decide to be patient and wait until I'm done the beach bag at the very least. (As Sally Bowles would say, "I doubt it, Cliff!"

"Cori B" short for "Cori Beth"
was a childhood nickname



OH! And this past weekend I finally finished Dad's golf club covers, which I need to get in the mail soon for his birthday on June 25th! They're not perfect, but I hope he likes them. I also got these funny/cutesy custom labels and sewed one in to the largest cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of Progress

Knitting updates time! Fair amount of progress going on. I did finally finish the back of the beach cover-up , although I'm not sure w...