Monday, June 11, 2018

Ends and Beginnings

Lots to update!

Biggest accomplishment is that I am oh so near the finish line on mom's blanket. All the squares are sewn together (so it looks quite blanket-like!) and I have started on the i-cord which gave me some grief at first but I think I'm doing alright with it now, bit tedious. Speaking of which I'll also be weaving in of ten thousand ends... some of which look like I left them rather short. Then I have to decide whether to wait all the way until Christmas to give it to her, or to bring it to FL when I go for Amanda's wedding and call it an early birthday present.

oh god so many ends
I haven't touched the Jadis since my last entry and honestly am considering putting into hibernation for quite some time.

I started a new project (shame on me since I haven't finished one) - which is the Medano Beach bag Pretty excited about it even though I've already done a fair amount of fudging considering I only started it yesterday :P Had some trouble picking up stitches (surprise surprise) although I think I may not have knit enough rows in the first place and miscounted when I checked. Anyway I am relatively confident it's not going to have a huge effect. I just did a few increases to get the stitch count up before the section with the planned increases (and later decreases) so hopefully it will all work out. I am doing it in knitpicks cotlin which I'm enjoying working with and OF COURSE it's in black and white ;) I actually need to add the additional cotlin to my stash on Ravelry now that I think about it. I bought a bunch of skeins of both black and white - tbh probably more than I'll need for the bag, but hey - talk about versatile colors and yarn. :P
bottom of the bag; starting on the body

In other knitting news: I really need to stop procrastinating on the pom poms for dad's golf covers. I need to make at least one more and then just attach the damn things and finally be done with that project.

The other project I have going is the beach cover -up. I think it's going to be really cute, but knitting with the weird yarn is not the most satisfying experience. It's a discontinued one called Patons Divine. I love the pseudo-lace effect it creates, but it's a bit off-putting to knit with a yarn that goes back and forth between thick and thin. But I do think that the cover-up and the bag will look really cute with my black and white polka dot bathing suit and it makes sense to be knitting summer stuff considering the pending move to FL! If I can just get the two parent projects done, I'll have the two beach items going and maaaaaybe I'll consider giving the Jadis another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of Progress

Knitting updates time! Fair amount of progress going on. I did finally finish the back of the beach cover-up , although I'm not sure w...