Saturday, September 1, 2018

Plenty of Progress

Knitting updates time!

Fair amount of progress going on. I did finally finish the back of the beach cover-up, although I'm not sure when I'll cast on for the front. It may go into hibernation for a bit, but who knows!

I blocked my little fall knits and started on that "perpetual pumpkin" pattern which I think will be tricky (I've only cabled a tiny bit and never on dpns) but so far I'm enjoying it.


I also cast on the big sack sweater but I am having some reservations about it on many levels. I could tell immediately that it was going to be way too big and I even got myself to start over with smaller needles. (Pretty sure I had forgotten I'd swatched with a smaller needle which is why it was turning out huge when I started with the size in the pattern.) It still is coming out bigger than recommended though which is not surprising but frustrating. Also not sure about the fabric - it seems like it might be a bit on the stiff side :(

I did come across this article which has made me feel better about my issues getting gauge, but I also don't think I'll ever be able to rewrite a pattern to fit my knitting. Maybe I shouldn't give up on the idea, though - there's a lot of things I'm doing now that I thought I'd never be able to do.

I've also been continuing work on my "Oh Helen!" scarf and I finally seem to have gotten the hang of it which is satisfying. I finished the first skein of the knitpicks shine sport and am on to the second one, so that means I'm about halfway done! It's going to be really cute and I've decided I'm keeping it for myself. I am kind of regretting joining the new skein in the middle of the row, hopefully I'll be able to find a way to hide the ends and it won't unravel - the yarn is pretty slippery. I'm annoyed at myself because I sort of knew it was a bad idea as I was doing it. Oy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of Progress

Knitting updates time! Fair amount of progress going on. I did finally finish the back of the beach cover-up , although I'm not sure w...