Friday, March 23, 2018

Sweater home stretch!

Finished the body of my first sweater today! I still have the sleeves and the collar to knit, which both call for DPNs so I'm definitely apprehensive since I've had some issues with laddering while working on the golf club covers for dad.

Feeling so proud of myself for tackling this, though! I learned to knit when I was nine, but I've never really challenged myself to do a big project (unless you count that Queen of Hearts bikini from Stitch n' Bitch sophomore year of college... 😨)

One of my new years resolutions this year was to tackle a sweater and/or a sock. After two false starts (maybe you might even say 1.5) I am really happy to have made it here!

The gauge is not quite right even though I knit multiple swatches. Couple of factors there - the big one being that my tension while knitting the swatches was different than my tension when I was actually working - but the truth is even with the swatches I was having trouble getting gauge. I also had stitch and row gauge flipped in my mind. I knew that stitch gauge was more important but for some reason I thought stitch gauge was the vertical measurement and not the horizontal one. Oy.

ANYWAY it's big but not AS big as I feared it would be. And I'm hoping it will fit even better after I block it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of Progress

Knitting updates time! Fair amount of progress going on. I did finally finish the back of the beach cover-up , although I'm not sure w...