Thursday, March 29, 2018

Shades of Eyelet Conquering

VICTORY IS MINE! I have finally completed one of these damn eyelet heart squares. Hopefully the second one isn't such a chore. I had unraveled the blue attempt so often that I gave up and switched to white (well 'aran' ) hoping for a change in fortune. There was still an absurd amount of unknitting that went on and I did have to fudge a stitch toward the end because I was straight out of patience, but it's finally done and it's definitely passable.

I'm starting to be a bit concerned about the off-white color. I was half tempted to buy a brighter white, but ugh, at this point I think I'll just continue? I dunno

The other problem is that in order to do the damn k4tog stitch I had to knit with much looser tension, so this square is significantly larger than the blue bamboo square. I guess we shall see how it all pans out in the end!

The question is, do I dive right into the blue eyelet heart square or come back to eyelet hell later? I only have two more single-color squares to knit. The rest involve either two or all three colors. TBH the bamboo was a bit of a pain, too, but nowhere near as much as the eyelet hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of Progress

Knitting updates time! Fair amount of progress going on. I did finally finish the back of the beach cover-up , although I'm not sure w...