Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Project updates

Made progress on the second sleeve on my sweater tonight. Also did some practice picking up the neckband stitches since I've been worrying about it. Feeling much better since it wasn't as nearly as bad as I feared.

As for the afghan squares... A few days ago, I had made great progress on the blue eyelet heart square, but then it all went terribly wrong and I had to frog the whole thing. I've abandoned it for the time being and started on the white bamboo square instead - that's nearly done! I think the eyelet pattern just requires too much focus for me to try and do it at work. The other problem is that it's so hard for me to backtrack with lace compared to anything else. Afghan pattern will be presenting plenty of new challenges soon. I haven't worked with multiple colors in a LONG time, and there are lots of new stitches that I haven't done before - cabling and making bobbles and such. I went ahead and ordered a bright white yarn as well... though I'm not sure if I'll use that or stick to the aran. Either way I figure I will always have some use for a bright white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of Progress

Knitting updates time! Fair amount of progress going on. I did finally finish the back of the beach cover-up , although I'm not sure w...